LEARN TO WING WITH SURF CONNECT - BRISBANE'S ONLY IKO ACCREDITED SCHOOL
WINGing is a NEW SPORT that is going to be our most popular sport in coming years. You can do it on water (surf or flat water, on a paddleboard, windsurfer or a foil board, on land with skateboard, rollerblades or mountainboard, or on the snow with skis or snowboard! It is like a combination of windsurfing, kitesurfing, supping, surfing, foiling - ALL IN ONE!
It is easy and safe to learn, great for the whole family to have fun together. The foiling on water is a hydrofoiling evolution of windsurfing, as well as typical sailing boats and sailing hydrofoils. It uses similar equipment to windsurfing with a normal or slightly evolved rig on a normal or specialist foil board. The board has a hydrofoil mounted in the fin box.
The main advantages of WINGing are:
SAFE & SIMPLE - no lines, no need for clean wind, even if wind drops or turn offshore, one can simply lay on the board and paddle back to shore.
EASY TO LEARN - most would only require ONE 2-3 hours of lessons to learn all the basics and safety. You should then be able to purchase your own equipment to continue practising.
ENTRY LEVEL IS LOW - even very young children can learn.
VERSATILE - does not require much room to launch/land, can be done off boats, in lakes, beaches or open ocean. A few knots of wind is all you need to have fun! If you love surfing, then riding the swells with a Wingfoil will take you to a level you have never experienced before.
EQUIPMENT - much less equipment than most other foil sports.
A 2 hour lesson is all you need to get into the sport. We use RADIO HELMETS in our lessons so you will be learning in the most efficient manner. During the board riding session, we also use our eFoil (foilboard with built in motor) so you can learn how to get up on the foilboard before adding the wing in. Our lessons are divided into two parts:
Part A Land Session (0-30min): Theory, safety, setup and how to fly and manoeuvre the Wing on land.
Part B Water Session 1 (31-60min): Learning to Wing on a paddleboard - starting position of board and wing, how to kneel, power and depowering the Wing, sailing upwind, crosswind, downwind and turning (tacks and gybes).
Part C Water Session 2 (61-80min): , then learning to ride the board on a eFoil-board.
Part D Water Session 2 (81-120min): Learn to get on the foilboard with the Wing. You will shown step by step how to get on the foil and ho to start riding.
We anticipate most people would be competent with a second two hour lesson and then they should be ready to buy some gear to go out and hav fun. Surf Connect sells a full range of Wingfoil equipment (see below) and you can claim back what you spent on the lesson as discount towards any of our wing packages.
It is as simple as that, much easier than kitefoiling or windsurf-foiling! What are you waiting for? Book in a lesson now by clicking here!
WingFoil Lesson Plan (2 hours)
- Introduction to equipment
- Location and weather
- How it Works
- Rules & Right of Way
- Land drill 1 - Setup and flying the wing on land. Getting on the board.
- Water session 1 - SUP Board Handling Wing Handling, Riding, Turning
- Water session 2 - Foil Board Handling Wing Handling, Riding, Turning
WingFoil Lesson Evaluation/Certification Card
- 2.1m $1199
- 2.8m $1249
- 3.6m $1299
- 4.2m $1349
- 4.7m $1399
- 5.2m $1479
- 6.0m $1529
- 5m $1219
- 2m $1269
- 0m $1379
- 5m $1429
- 0m $1489
- 5m $1549
- 5m $1649
- 5m $1759
- 3m $1249
- 4m $1299
- 5m $1349
- 6m $1399
- 7m $1449
Armstrong A V2
- 2.5m $1299
- 3.5m $1399
- 4.5m $1499
- 5.5m $1599
- 6.5m $1679
- 2.8m $1155
- 3.5m $1239
- 4.5m $1319
- 5.2m $1405
- 6.2m $1569
- 7.0m $1649
- 4’5”x21” (135x53cm) 52L $1999
- 5’2x25” (157.5x63.5cm) 82L $2099
- 5’8x28.5” (173x72.4cm) 112L $2199
- 5’11x30” (180x76cm) 132L $2299
- Shred Sled V1 5’9/7’0 $3149/$3199
- Wizard V3 (90/114/130L) $3149/$3249/$3349
- Freestyle (87/115L) $3399
- Levitator (windsurf track) 150/160L $3449
- 5’5 80L $2699
- 5’11 99L $2799
- 6’6 132L $2899
- Flight Attendant 1280/75 $1799
- Flight Attendant 1880/75 $1849
- Hover Glide FWing V1 $1999
- Hover Glide FSup V3 $1899
- Hover Glide FSurf V3 $1799
- Hover Glide FWind V3 $1999
- HS850 kit $2949
- HS1050 kit $2949
- HS1250 kit $2999
- HS1550 kit $3149
- Reedin Wing 4.7m $1399 + Board 82L $2099 + Foil 1280 $1799 = $5297
- Reedin Wing 5.2m $1479 + Board 112L $2199 + Foil 1280 $1799 = $5477
- Reedin Wing 6.0m $1529 + Board 132L $2299 + Foil 1880 $1849 = $5677
- SlingWing 4.5m $1429 + Board Shred Sled 132L $3199 + Foil Hover Glide FWing $1999 = $6627
- SlingWing 5.5m $1549 + Board Shred Sled 132L $3199 + Foil Hover Glide FWing $1999 = $6747
- SlingWing 6.5m $1649 + Board Levitator 150L $3449 + Foil Hover Glide FWing $1999 = $7097
- Armstrong A-Wing 4.5m $1499 + Board 99L $2799 + Foil 1050 $2949 = $7247
- Armstrong A-Wing 5.5m $1599 + Board 132L $2899 + Foil 1250 $2999 = $7497
- Armstrong A-Wing 6.5m $1679 + Board 132L $2899 + Foil 1550 $3149 = $7727
Every package at retail price comes with FREE helmet, vest, leash, pump, t-shirt, rashie, cap, 2 hour lesson, webcam access worth over $1000. You also get free membership to our Exclusive Club, rescue services, and MOST VALUABLE of all: unlimited on-going support.
WHY BUY FROM US AT SURF CONNECT?
Water sports involving wind, waves and the ocean are high risk.
- Always have someone keep an eye on you.
- Have someone near by who can lend a hand if you get into trouble.
We are just across the road from the beach.
- Able to keep an eye on you.
- Always happy to lend a hand.
- Immediate access to a safety boat and first aid.
- Always have a daily duty instructor.
We guarantee quality equipment
- Carry all spare parts for our products.
- Offer full inhouse service repair.
Surf Connect is located on Sandgate Beach a perfect spot for water sports.
- Safest beach in Brisbane to learn and practise all water sports.
- Perfect to begin and advance your wingfoil skills
Sandgate Beach has all that you need off the water.
- Showers and toilets.
- A choice of cafes offering a variety of food.
- BBQ areas.
- Sandgate station only 10 minutes walk and a direct link to Brisbane CDB.
At Surf Connect we have considered all that you need to learn and enjoy Wingfoiling
Book your lesson today with Surf Connect.
We are the only IKO Wingfoil School in Brisbane.