The brand new TECHNO FOIL is the ideal board for experiencing and enjoying freeride and foil-board riding. Conceived to do both to high level, it enables you to sail in much lighter winds, and to get maximum fun in the widest range of conditions possible. With the foil it's perfectly balanced and will have you sailing in as little as 10 knots of wind. The foil is wide, making it easy to get up, and to enjoy effortless control of the board itself. Remove the foil and you have a TECHNO that is powerful and very quickly up to planing, extremely responsive and high speed.
In this configuration you'll get the best out of it between 15 and 25 knots of wind. It's a "convertible" package that will please riders who want the best of both, light-wind foil riding and strong-wind fun. The Techno Wind Foil is 100% Made-in-France using the BIC Sport exclusive ACE-TEC construction technology, resulting in a board with an unrivaled strength/weight ratio. The board was designed by one of the hottest shapers around, Jean-Marie Guiriec.
To maximize the performance in upwind and downwind sailing conditions, the Techno Wind Foil has to be trimmed correctly.
- A rocker line that gives a very smooth ride with maximum control, and a very balanced feel on the water.
- A width that facilitates early and easy planing.
- Thin rails facilitate easy gybing despite the board’s width. Volume and width ensure that the board powers out of gybes.
- Balanced feel makes the board very easy to power upwind.
- Softened rails refined for Foil use, also ensure that the board has a very smooth ride over choppier conditions.
- Wide wind range from 15-25 knots, ideal with sail sizes from 7m² to 8.5m², perfect when the wind is too strong for comfortable wind foiling.
- Max GPS Speeds of 31-33 knots achieved in testing confirm a very sporty ride, fast and comfortable to sail.
Key features with foil:
-Maximum stability to uphaul the sail and get started in light-wind conditions.
- With a maximum width of 81.5cm, and a width carried through to 1-ft from the tail, the board takes-off early and easily.
- Comfortable and even drive through the legs once flying. Sailing position balanced with the Foil.
- Softened rails in the front 1/3 of the board so that the board sails through touch downs and flies again quickly, with maximum control and safety.
- Refined board shape that flies efficiently through the wind, ideal for driving upwind or blasting across the wind.
- Full deck pad at the rear of the board for maximum comfort during take-off and foiling.