ENTRY FEE TO THE NEXT Brisbane's Wind Race Day - 12TH SEPT 2021
Location: Sandgate, Brisbane
Categories: WINDSURFERS (Techno, RSX, Slalom, Formula & Windfoils), KITESURFERS (twintips, surfboards & kitefoils), WINGFOILERS.
1100hrs Sign on
1230hrs First possible race
Sign on/briefing will be at Sandgate Beach, opposite Surf Connect at 170 Flinders Parade, Sandgate, North Brisbane, Qld 4017.
Plenty of free parking on location, with toilets, showers and free BBQ. Cafes/fish & chips over the road to beach.
All participants must sign on before 11.30am. No late entries accepted.
Buoyancy vest must be worn.
Event jib will be issued at sign on, and must be worn during event.
All WINDSURFERS (Techno, RSX, Slalom, Formula & Windfoils), KITESURFERS (twintips, surfboards & kitefoils), WINGFOILERS welcome!
NOTICE OF EVENT AND SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
1. EVENT – RACE DATE AS LISTED ON THE EVENTS PAGE OF THE BRISBANE WIND RACING CLUB'S FACEBOOK PAGE.
2. LOCATION – THE WATERS OF MORETON BAY OFF SANDGATE (FLINDERS PARADE, BETWEEN 7TH AND 8TH AVENUE, SANDGATE, QLD 4017).
3. SCHEDULE –
1100hrs Registration and sign on
1230hrs First possible race
Subsequent races to follow back to back as soon as practicable
1600hrs BBQ, Raffle draw and debriefing.
4. ORGANISING AUTHORITY – the Brisbane Wind Racing Club conjunction with SURF CONNECT AUSTRALIA.
5. RULES – this event will governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing, RRS 2017 – 2020 or as amended by this notice.
6. NOTICES TO COMPETITORS – all notices will be posted in the event marquee.
7. INDEMNITY/REGISTRATION FORM - every competitor must complete an indemnity/registration form at registration.
8. SIGNALS MADE ASHORE – a red flag displayed on the marquee, with a sound signal indicates competitors are not to leave shore. When lowered with a sound signal indicates competitors may leave the beach and racing will commence in not less than 10 mins. This amends RRS race signals.
9. SAFETY – competitors shall sign on for racing at the marquee prior to leaving the beach. Failure to sign on will result in a DNS score for each race completed.
Competitors shall sign off at the marquee within 15 mins of the last finish and return their allocated bib. Failure to sign off will result in a DNF score for that race. $20 will be charged for non-returned or loss bibs.
Competitors shall wear approved flotation apparel and the ID bib supplied at all times whilst afloat. Failure to comply with this rule will mean no results scored.
Competitors are reminded that wind sports are inherently dangerous sports and the organising authority, the race committee and its officers are not responsible for any injury or damage arising from this event.
Competitors make the decision to race or not and are entirely responsible for any outcome.
10. DIVISIONS – the organising authority may divide the fleet into divisions, depending on numbers that enter on the day.
11. THE START – the start will be between the start boat and a pin mark laid directly downwind from the start boat. Approx. length 50 mtrs. All starts will starboard tack starts, ie the wind will be on your right shoulder.
12. THE START SEQUENCE – modified traffic light sequence. This amends RRS26
FLAGS DISPLAYED SOUND SIGNAL TIME TO START
RED, ORANGE, GREEN 1 BLAST 3 MINS
RED REMOVED 1 BLAST 2 MINS
ORANGE REMOVED 1 BLAST 1 MINS
GREEN REMOVED 1 BLAST START
AFTER THE START
FLAGS DISPLAYED SOUND SIGNAL ACTION
ORANGE 1 BLAST 1 OR MORE
PREMATURE STARTERS. YOU MAY RETURN AND RESTART
RED 2 BLASTS TOO MANY
PREMATURE STARTERS. START ABANDONED AND WAIT FOR RESTART. THIS AMENDS RRS26
13. COURSE – after starting on a starboard tack, proceed at approx 90 degree angle to the wind to the wing or reaching mark. An inflatable rescue craft will be adjacent to that mark to make it easier to sight. Competitors will GYBE around that mark, leaving it to your PORT ( or left hand ) side.
14. FINISH – after correctly rounding the wing mark, competitors will then proceed directly to the start / finish line. Be aware that on the final leg you are now on a port tack and become the giveway boat.
15. CHANGE OF COURSE – the organising authority may change the course to a 2 lap configuration, in which case the start finish line becomes a gate on the first lap. This change of course will be notified by a course board displaying 2 with 2 sound signals.
16. SCORING – the low point scoring system, RRS appendix A, will be used.
17. END OF EVENT BBQ – will be held in the vicinity of event marquee at 16:00 hours.
18. ADVERTISING/PROMOTION – no advertising or promotion of any kind is allowed without prior permission from the race committee. This includes branded tents, gazebos, flags or signage of any kind.
19. CONTACTS –
RACE ORGANISER – PADI KOTWALL 0411 789 888
ENTRY: $25 (online prepaid) or $35 at event. Online entry closes the Wednesday before race date.
Once payment is made, we will send you link to complete registration online.
Race 1: Sun 12 Sept (high tide 1.25pm) with reserve date if no wind: Sun 26 Sept high 12.37pm
Race 2: Sun 10 Oct (high tide 12.17pm) with reserve date if no wind: Sun 24 Oct high 11.31am
Race 3: Sun 7 Nov (high tide 11.15am) with reserve date if no wind: Sat 27 Nov high 2.55pm