BRISBANE WIND RACE DAY SANDGATE - 7th Nov 2021
Location: Sandgate, Brisbane
Categories: WIND, KITE & WING
- WINDSURF (Techno, RSX, Slalom, Formula & WindFoils),
- KITESURF (Twintips, Surfboards & KiteFoils), and
1100hrs Sign on
1230hrs First possible race
Entry fee: $25 early bird discount online before 5pm the Wednesday before race date, $30 upto race day, or $35 on day. Payment link: https://www.surfconnect.com/prod.../brisbane-wind-race-entry. Note there is a no refund policy but if Covid restriction kicks in, you will be offered refund.
Competitors must be a member of one of the following associations to enter. If you are not a member, you will need to purchase a day membership to be covered:
IKO (International Kiteboarding Association)
AS (Australian Sailing or any of its subsidiary Associations or Clubs)
KA (Kiteboarding Australia or any of its subsidiary Associations or Clubs)
AWA - (Australia Windsurfing Association or any of its subsidiary Associations or Clubs)
Sign on/briefing will be at 1100hrs at Sandgate Beach, opposite Surf Connect at 170 Flinders Parade, Sandgate, North Brisbane, Qld 4017. All participants must sign on before 11am. No late entries accepted.
- Control Desk/First Aid Station will be setup on beach, opposite Surf Connect at 170 Flinders Parade, Sandgate, North Brisbane, Qld 4017.
- There are plenty of free parking and rigging area on location, with toilets, showers and free BBQ. Cafes/fish & chips over the road to beach.
- Buoyancy vest must be worn.
- Event bib will be issued at sign on, and must be worn during event.
- All WINDSURFERS (Techno, RSX, Slalom, Formula & Windfoils), KITESURFERS (twintips, surfboards & kitefoils), WINGFOILERS welcome!
- BBQ/Prize giving will take place sharp at 1600hrs. Local Councillor Jared Cassidy will be our Guest of Honour and will be presenting our prizes. Please ensure you are back at Control Desk at 1600hrs.
NOTICE OF EVENT AND SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
- EVENT – RACE DATE AS LISTED ON THE EVENTS PAGE OF THE BRISBANE WIND RACING CLUB'S FACEBOOK PAGE.
- LOCATION – THE WATERS OF MORETON BAY OFF SANDGATE (FLINDERS PARADE, BETWEEN 7TH AND 8TH AVENUE, SANDGATE, QLD 4017).
- SCHEDULE –
1100hrs Registration, Sign on and Briefing
1230hrs First possible race
Subsequent races to follow back to back as soon as practicable
1600hrs BBQ, Raffle draw and debriefing.
- ORGANISING AUTHORITY – the Brisbane Wind Racing Club conjunction with SURF CONNECT AUSTRALIA.
- RULES – this event will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing, RRS 2017 – 2020 or as amended by this notice.
- NOTICES TO COMPETITORS – all notices will be posted in the event marquee.
- INDEMNITY/REGISTRATION FORM - every competitor must complete an indemnity/registration form and fees paid before event.
- SIGNALS MADE ASHORE – a red flag displayed on the marquee, with a sound signal indicates competitors are not to leave shore. When lowered with a sound signal indicates competitors may leave the beach and racing will commence in not less than 10 mins. This amends RRS race signals.
- SAFETY – competitors shall sign on for racing at the marquee prior to leaving the beach. Failure to sign on will result in a DNS score for each race completed.
Competitors shall sign off at the marquee within 15 mins of the last finish and return their allocated bib. Failure to sign off will result in a DNF score for that race. $20 will be charged for non-returned or loss bibs.
- Competitors shall wear approved flotation apparel and the ID bib supplied at all times whilst afloat. Failure to comply with this rule will mean no results scored.
- Competitors are reminded that wind sports are inherently dangerous sports and the organising authority, the race committee and its officers are not responsible for any injury or damage arising from this event.
- Competitors make the decision to race or not and are entirely responsible for any outcome.
- DIVISIONS – the organising authority may divide the fleet into divisions, depending on numbers that enter on the day.
- THE START – the start will be between the start boat and a pin mark laid directly downwind from the start boat. Approx. length 50 mtrs. All starts will starboard tack starts, ie the wind will be on your right shoulder.
- THE START SEQUENCE – modified traffic light sequence. This amends RRS26. FLAGS DISPLAYED SOUND SIGNAL TIME TO START: RED, ORANGE, GREEN 1 BLAST 3 MINS, RED REMOVED 1 BLAST 2 MINS, ORANGE REMOVED 1 BLAST 1 MINS, GREEN REMOVED 1 BLAST START.
- AFTER THE START - FLAGS DISPLAYED SOUND SIGNAL ACTION: ORANGE 1 BLAST 1 OR MORE, PREMATURE STARTERS. YOU MAY RETURN AND RESTART, RED 2 BLASTS TOO MANY PREMATURE STARTERS. START ABANDONED AND WAIT FOR RESTART. THIS AMENDS RRS26.
- COURSE – after starting on a starboard tack, proceed at approx 90 degree angle to the wind to the wing or reaching mark. Competitors will GYBE around that mark, leaving it to your PORT ( or left hand ) side.
- FINISH – after correctly rounding the wing mark, competitors will then proceed directly to the start / finish line. Be aware that on the final leg you are now on a port tack and become the giveway boat.
- CHANGE OF COURSE – the organising authority may change the course to a 2 lap configuration, in which case the start finish line becomes a gate on the first lap. This change of course will be notified by a course board displaying 2 with 2 sound signals.
- SCORING – the low point scoring system, RRS appendix A, will be used.
- END OF EVENT BBQ – will be held in the vicinity of event marquee at 16:00 hours.
- ADVERTISING/PROMOTION – no advertising or promotion of any kind is allowed without prior permission from the race committee. This includes branded tents, gazebos, flags or signage of any kind.
- CONTACTS – RACE ORGANISER – PADI (PATRICK KOTWALL) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENTRY: $25 (online prepaid upto 5pm Wednesday in the week of event) or $35 after or at event. Online entry closes the Wednesday before race date.
Once payment is made, we will send you link to complete registration online.
Race 1: Sun 12 Sept (high tide 1.25pm) - CANCELLED
Race 2: Sun 10 Oct (high tide 12.17pm) with reserve date if no wind: Sun 24 Oct high 11.31am
Race 3: Sun 7 Nov (high tide 11.15am) with reserve date if no wind: Sat 27 Nov high 2.55pm