Session helpmate always in position (on lines or harness/board short), usage will rapidly become instinctive.
- Line manager upside:
– The idea for Kitecleat first came while practicing in cramped areas and on boats where the limited space made untangling of lines very difficult.
– Not only is it helpful in tight spots but also in cold conditions, high tide, tall grass, pebbles or snow, as well as helping to avoid dangerous mistakes and oversights.
– As the number and density of kiters rises, the line manager becomes an efficient and space saving tool for beginner to advanced riders alike.
- Line cutter (optional) downside:
– Very few are trained to properly use a kite knife leading to lost or rusted knives, which can be a bad surprise at the wrong time.
– The incorporated ceramic blade doesn’t rust and, since the Kitecleat floats, is less easy to lose.
– It is also more manageable in emergencies with quick, one-handed cuts of your own or even other riders lines, if necessary.
So why not designing a comfort & security accessory turning it in a navigation helpmate that you will use every session and then be quickly able to grasp it eyes closed ?
Kitecleat could so be the most reliable, durable (optional incorporated ceramic blade) and floating kitesurf knife boosting your own and others around safety.
– Focused on maneuverability and security.
– Very quick single hand use thanks to the return spring.
– Allows for easy inspection to prevent line crossing or oversight connection (a known cause for accidents) prior to release from Kitecleat.
To resume, Kitecleat is a reliable and durable piece of equipment to make kiting easier and safer for you and others. No hurry, just efficiency!
Line manager function – To get used to it.
Kitecleat makes it easier and so quicker:
- Deliver your lines in position for kite / bar connection, no more untwisting of lines.
- Suppresses the possibility of crossing two lines when connecting the kite to the bar (not so unlikely with wind above 25kts).
- Save space in crowded spots or boats. When you unroll your lines it’s to take off in the same move.
Kite lines length balance check
Always good to be done twice a year as it often has to be adjusted.
Ends of lines cleat – To store a neatly bar
Neatly bar storage, cleat for your line(s)
- Allows you to neatly store the ends of your lines if you wish.
- I advice at least the longest one to lock the Kitecleat in closed position.
- Thus avoiding the appearance of small knots passed unnoticed (about 50% of kiters meet this problem one day).
Why thinking about launching a kite from a boat ?
If this concept meet a sufficient public, I would like to develop the following ideas:
- Develop a kite launching kit of material for anyone who would like to be able to quickly launch, control and bring back a kite for practice, learning or as alternative propulsion mode (that could be recycled/reconditioned one) if needed (around the world trip, cruises,…).
- Develop kite stays + discovery of sailing with skipper and kite teacher or possibly only one firmly anchored sail-boat on the spot for alone on board kiters for a price much lower than classical kiteboarding cruise. Also because that could be a good training before a real cruise.